Offer hope and healing through organ, eye, and tissue donation.
LifeSource is a nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives through organ, eye and tissue donation in the Upper Midwest. It’s our privilege to serve the 7 million people who live in communities across Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota and portions of western Wisconsin.
We’re dedicated to working with our hospital and community partners to support donor families, manage the donation process and educate our communities to create a culture of donation. We’re a passionate and committed cross-functional team who believe in our vision that everyone shares the gift of life. Each of our team members plays an integral role in our life-saving work, using their unique talents and contributions to further our mission.
The ETL Developer is responsible for providing expertise in the design, implementation and maintenance of the data warehouse and all related extraction, transformation, and load data functions. Establish operational processes that maintain the standards and procedures for platform validation and data integrity through the data lifecycle. Collaborate with stakeholders to collect data requirements, designs and builds data models and business intelligence reporting using legacy ETL commands and dynamic SQL with structured and unstructured database designs for data use in reporting and analytics. Engage with Information Services team to perform technology upgrades, set up file transfers, perform code management, and job scheduling. Maintain and ensure up to date reporting functionality for business purposes. Provide detailed analysis from trusted data that empowers users, including colleagues, business partners and customers to make educated decisions. Align daily activities with the strategic and operational goals of the organization.
1. Manage ETL programs to facilitate the receipt of data from various data sources, loading of data into destination tables within the overall data architecture framework, designing end-to-end solutions for file creation and distribution, supporting ETL production processes and operations.
2. Analyze the business requirements for data file requests to design, develop, maintain and deploy fully automated ETL jobs to produce data files using SSIS and the SSRS platform.
3. Professional presentations and discussions with customers and stakeholders to understand and translate business use cases and requirements into data models, data integration routines, and analytics report findings.
4. Influence end user competency by supporting systematic process delivery tools and resources ensuring the development and maintenance of information services documentation.
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to 6 years of computer science, software engineering responsibilities, specifically experience with SQL Server, SSIS and SSRS.
- High level of expertise required for complex SQL scripting (merge, cross joins, and procedures) and best practices.
- Requires previous experience maintaining an enterprise data warehouse.
- Prefer previous experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, BI360, Sisense, or PowerBI) or Report Builder.
- Prefer previous experience with C#, or visual basic.
- Prefer previous experience with Agile Software Development.
- Prefer experience with both Microsoft Analysis Services and tabular model (SSAS).
- Proven effective at establishing rapport and working relationships with peers, customers and vendors.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, and have excellent critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proven self-directed, motivated contributor with a strong initiative and ability to function autonomously, establish priorities and collaborate effectively with a team.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated ability to exhibit a high degree of quality, integrity, and honor confidentiality of appropriate information including, but not limited to, personal team member data, organizational operations or work processes, donor and donor family information, contributor details, any financial information and medical or protected health information (PHI) in accordance with HIPAA.
- Proven skilled and competent in using technology-based devices and mobile tools such as personal computers and related software, electronic medical record systems, mobile phones, and mobile printing devices.
Please see job description on our careers website for more details.
To apply for this job please visit www.appone.com.